Strawberry Marmalade (Jam) with Honey
1 kg of fresh strawberries
400 gr of pure Greek or Cypriot Honey
150 gr of brown sugar
Juice from half lemon
- We wash very well and cut the strawberries into small pieces. Place the fruit into a pan, grab a fork and smash it into a rough pulp.
- Add the sugar and the honey to the fruit
- Cook the mixture and bring it up to a boil, stirring regularly. It should show signs of jelling after cooking for 45 minutes to an hour**.
- Add the lemon juice to the mixture and bring it up to a boil again.
- Take the pan off the heat and allow to cool a little before pouring into the sterilised glass jars and sealing.
**A small secret: To check if the mixture is ready, take a teaspoon of the marmalade from the pan and place on a cold plate in the fridge – if it sets to a jelly, it is ready. If it doesn’t, it still needs a little more cooking. Test again in another 5-10 minutes.
Preparation time: 90 minutes
Cook time: 60 to 70 minutes